01. A few years ago I wrote a book on finding your really-right direction, quitting your job + growing your own thing (that fits the life you want *and* your personality… so you don’t have to leave a piece of yourself at the door to get paid).
It turned into a bit of a bestseller, and has been translated into over half a dozen languages.
(The new extended edition is available now: check it out here).
For the last 10+ years I’ve run an online business, creating courses (and global online events) for thousands of people around this topic.
02. I stepped onto the TED stage to give a TEDx Talk called The Hidden Power of Not (Always) Fitting In.
It’s for those of us who don’t feel like we’re just ‘one thing’ – who are good at looking like we fit in the various worlds we move in… but secretly, on the inside, a little piece of us never feels we 100% fit into any of them.
The talk gives that trait a name (“liminal”) and explains why it is not something to hide, and why the difference you may want to hide might be more powerful than you think.
I wasn’t sure how it would be received but the idea seemed to hit home: it was listed by Entrepreneur as a top 10 TEDx Talk to watch and has been viewed half a million times, as people see themselves in it and share it… so if you’ve ever felt that way, you are definitely not alone!
03. Much like you, I’m someone who cares (I very much identify as a “highly sensitive person”, or HSP.)
And I want you to know this because sometimes, in the loud online-business world, it feels like you have to shout to stand out.
Here we play things differently. We’ve honed that art of helping people of all personalities find their right thing AND have it take off in a way that fits them.
If you like that, then you’ll love:
04. Work with me (December enrolment special!)
Whether you want to grow your thing (without fitting into someone else’s box!), are looking for that ‘right idea’ in the first place, or something more personal…
Your timing is perfect!
This month (December 2022) I’m enrolling private clients who want to figure things out / get moving the right way for real.
05. Recently my thinking has been featured in Business Insider, Inc.com, BBC World (television), The Financial Times among other places.
I was interviewed on about 30 podcasts last year and I‘m looking forward to more!
A popular conversation topic is always “why your weirdness is your edge” (why the thing about you you are tempted to hide at work or in business might really be your secret superpower).
Which seems to be a theme, because:
05. My most shared quote is “weaknesses are just strengths in the wrong environment”…
And I firmly believe that.
There is a home for every personality and strength – it’s just a question of finding that home or creating it to fit you.
It’s a simple idea, but in a world that can often tell us we need to be more like other people to be good enough… I figured it was worth including here ;).